NEUFCHATEAU

FORMER COURTHOUSE

Description

Installed in the former church of the Augustinian convent since 1801 thanks to the entrepreneur Flamérion who divided the church into two separate levels.

Dating from the early 19th century, the chairs of the president and of the judges have French Historic Monument classification. Neufchâteau is one of the only courts that has been able to keep its furniture.

The courthouse closed officially on 1 January 2010.

The first trial was probably held in December 1801. A little more than 2 centuries of trials were held in this courthouse !

Additional informations

Type of amenities : Historic monument or place to visit

Conditions of visit : Visit on your own at all times, Guided tours with advanced booking

Category of tourist venue - historic building : Listed historic monument (MH)

Subject of tourist venue - historic building : Religious architecture

Groups welcome : YES

Free : YES

FORMER COURTHOUSE Rue Raymond Poincaré
88300 NEUFCHATEAU
03 29 94 10 95

Contact View the site

More pictures

FORMER COURTHOUSE

Webcams

Close

Weather

Close
Today
Samedi
Lundi
Mardi
Les informations sont issues du flux Open weather map

Contact

Close