REMIREMONT

LA FONTAINE MARIE-THERESE

Description

The inhabitants of Remiremont call it the Fountain of the Dolphins or the Fountain of the Courtine. So many names for such a beautiful fountain!

Located on the Place de Lattre de Tassigny, it is the first of the Stanislas Bresson series and was inaugurated in 1828 by the Duchess of Angoulême, daughter of Marie-Antoinette and Louis XVI. The dolphin used to come to Plombières-les-Bains for a cure.

This fountain served as a reservoir for part of the city and also supplied two other fountains: the Swan Fountain and the fountain on rue de la Franche Pierre, which has now disappeared. While it has kept its original appearance, it has lost its function as a tank and now operates in a closed circuit.

Additional informations

Type of amenities : Historic monument or place to visit

Conditions of visit : Visit on your own at all times

Category of tourist venue - historic building : Listed historic monument (MH)

Subject of tourist venue - historic building : Vernacular architecture

LA FONTAINE MARIE-THERESE Place de Lattre de Tassigny
88200 REMIREMONT
03 29 62 23 70

Contact View the site

More pictures

LA FONTAINE MARIE-THERESE

Webcams

Close

Weather

Close
Today
Samedi
Lundi
Mardi
Les informations sont issues du flux Open weather map

Contact

Close