- Interactive map
Stanislas Leszcynski, the last Duke of Lorraine, came regularly to Plombières-les-Bains. He had the Palais Royal built in 1761-1762, to accommodate his granddaughters: Adélaïde and Victoire, daughters of Louis XV. The façade, the grand staircase, the banister and the gate of the crucifix spring are classified as historical monuments.
The ironwork is the work of André Gillot, a pupil of Jean Lamour, as is that of the fountain known as the Source du Crucifix (he also designed the gates of Place Stanislas in Nancy). The coat of arms of Stanislas adorns the façade.
Today the Palais Royal is called the "Maison aux Arcades" and film buffs will have recognised it as one of the filming locations for the series "Les Combattantes"!
- Pets welcome
Type of amenities : Historic monument or place to visit
Conditions of visit : Tour of exterior only
Category of tourist venue - historic building : Listed historic monument (MH), Town and area of artistic, architectural and historic interest
Subject of tourist venue - historic building : Vernacular architecture