RUPT SUR MOSELLE

THE PARIER CROSS

Description

The Cross, Croix de Parier, which overlooks Rupt-sur-Moselle, was erected in 1939 as a token of gratitude for the survivors of the First World War and as protection for the soldiers of the town. It was blessed on October the1rst, 1939 by the Bishop of Saint-Dié at the end of a large procession that gathered more than 1000 people. It is 10.10 meters high and 1.23 meters wide. Althought electrified since 1939, the Croix de Parier had not been illuminated since 1952. Recently repainted, its lighting renovated and its surroundings cleared, its site offers hickers a wonderfull view of the Moselle Valley and the Rupt city from its rock. Walking access only, you can drive until the car park by the road that leads behind the church. from the car park follow the path marked with the yellow ring, the way back is the same. With good shoes !!

  • Pets welcome

Additional informations

Type of amenities : Historic monument or place to visit

Conditions of visit : Signposted footpaths

Subject of tourist venue - historic building : Religious architecture, Military heritage

Groups welcome : YES

Free : YES

THE PARIER CROSS Croix de Parier
88360 RUPT SUR MOSELLE
03 56 11 00 90

Contact View the site

More pictures

THE PARIER CROSS

Webcams

Close

Weather

Close
Today
Mardi
Mercredi
Jeudi
Les informations sont issues du flux Open weather map

Contact

Close